If you are not an IT company, then installing Redmine can take your time and energy: installing a programming language with the Ruby On Rails framework, installing additional dependencies, installation process, setting up and creating a database, setting up users and rights in the database, generating a key for safe storing sessions, creating a database structure, setting extensions, etc.
If installed correctly, you will need to configure logging and backup.
The easiest way to implement Redmine is to entrust it to specialists and quickly get a deployed and ready-to-use Redmine.
Improving Redmine to CRM for your business processes
Redmine, like 1C, allows you to work right out of the box, but quickly it comes to understanding that you want to change some functions and adapt them for yourself. Redmine allows you to create additional margin and configure some rights without programming knowledge.
Since Redmine is an open source software product, we can easily make deeper changes to it and modify Redmine to suit your business processes. So it’s easy to get a flexible CRM-system from Redmine that is customized for you.
1. Display Redmine projects in a convenient tabular form, with filters, sortings and new fields: labor costs, the person who is responsible for the project, deadline for the entire project, the client organization with which the project is.
2. Create a separate section "Employees" and display all the contact information of all colleagues: phone numbers, department, cabinet, display its chief, show a photo with an increase when clicked, make filters for search.
3. The department management system in Redmine, bounding an employee with a department, indicating the department chiefs, a card with information about the department.
4. Make stricter management of subtasks: for example, the deadline of subtasks cannot go beyond the limits of the parent task, so that only the task author can changes the individual fields (for example, priority or date).
5. Adapt the interface to your corporate colors, add a logo and other individual changes.
6. Add new types of Redmine task participants, for example, “Coordinator,” “Familiarized,” and others. Without their checkmark, it is impossible to close the task and it is easier to control business processes.
7. Adding a person responsible for the entire project with special rights. For example, only the responsible person can create first-level parent tasks in the project. Display the person responsible for the project in the list of projects.
8. Keep workflow: record incoming and outgoing documents in a separate section, leave comments, assign person responsible, display their bar code or QR code.
9. Integrate in 1C the hours indicated in Redmime on tasks and projects for each employee for each day.
10. Create a flexible system for managing any additional rights.
11. Refinement of the Gantt chart to a more visual form for you.
12. Implement the Help-Desk system to automatically create tasks for technical support or sales department based on incoming emails with notification of the user about the status and comments in the task.
Additionally, as in the example above, it is possible to automatically select a phone number from a letter and place it in a separate task field.
E-mail tracking to determine by mail where the client found you (for different resources you must post different email addresses).
13. Ability to add customers, organizations, suppliers, contact people. Link organizations to projects.
14. Integrate with Asterisk telephony to make calls to customers without dialing, to automatically notify the client of a task status change, to notify your remote employees of a critical task (when working on SLA, for example).
Development of Redmine modules and plugins
Any improvements to Redmine can be made in the form of a plug-in, which will work without touching the Redmine source code by its API.
This is an advantage if you often update Redmine or want to sell this plugin (module). Subsequently, Redmine plugins are installed in virtually one click.
Redmine and Asterisk SIP Telephony Integration
The integration of Redmine and Asterisk SIP telephony provides very important functions:
- The ability to make outgoing calls to customers without dialing a number.
- Attach a conversation record to the last open task with this client.
- Automatically inform the client of the completion of the order by robot.
- Automatically ask a client by robot about the quality of service after the task is closed.
Redmine Programmer Ruby On Rails
There are several Ruby On Rails programmers in our staff, and we can implement the most unusual modifications of Redmine for you.