The system of the modern situational center consists not only of telephony, it also requires an integrated application management system.
When implementing, we adhere to the following work model:
- The call goes to the hotline number.
- The voice menu offers a preselection of the subject of the case.
- If the caller presents in the "whitelist," the caller gets to the operator directly (without menu).
- After picking up the receiver, a pre-filled application is automatically created
- During the conversation the operator fills the application, writing his comments.
- Specialists and operator use the prepared knowledge base for consultation.
- If necessary, the operator transfers the call to a narrow specialist.
- Statistics and reports are generated at the end of the period.
We will describe how we solve these tasks below.
Software solutions for a situational center
Call Center Software
As software, we use the world-famous free open source systems. Such systems do not require any regular payments for their maintenance and do not have restrictions on the number of users.
This bunch has proven itself:
- Linux operating system
- Software PBX Asterisk
- Project and task management system Redmine
All these components are easily scalable without additional fees for new licenses and new users. They are completely free, including commercial use.
Thanks to the open source code, the selected solutions are incredibly flexible, they are immediately ready for integration between themselves and with other systems.
Our system can work both on a physical server and on a virtual one (including Yandex, Rostelecom, Amazon, and other cloud servers).
Call Routing in Asterisk
The routing unit is responsible for the algorithm of exactly where the incoming call will go and to whom it will be transferred to later.
In routing we lay the following basic features:
- flexible voice menu
- «Whitelist» for a particular algorithm
- call transfer using the buttons in the application interface
- use of "notebook" for frequent numbers
- queuing a call
- escort call transfer
- conference call opportunity
- employee venting mode
- automatic call distribution
- the possibility of a call back from the application card
These functions solve almost all the needs for routing a situational center.
For more complex scenarios, we modify the current Asterisk modules and create new ones for the tasks of a particular call center.
Work with applications in Redmine
Each call and event must be recorded. If you are not using application management systems yet, it will be more rational to implement the Redmine system. This is a well-known free open source task and project management system.
A big advantage of Redmine is the possibility of flexible revision, so we often take it as a basis and add missing features, for example, integration with Asterisk telephony. This saves everyone a lot of time and money as a result.
So, after picking up the receiver, the operator works with an already pre-filled application.
When a call comes from the “white list”, we can enter already known data so that the operator does not need to fill them out.
Among the convenient options, one can single out the possibility of transferring the current application card to another specialist while transferring a call.
For maximum operator efficiency, we implement several useful assistants:
1. "White List"
Not only numbers, but also additional margins can be added to the “white list”. For example, full name, region, organization, position - so these margins will be automatically inserted into the application card when a call is received.
The White List can be edited, adding new numbers and margins.
2. References and tips when filling in the margins
In order not to type the same values each time, you can enter them in the directories.
The directory can be used to select values strictly from this list (for example, region).
Another option - the directory can be used as a clue by input to select a value after entering the first letters.
New values can be automatically added to the directory and help in the preparation of the following applications (for example, position or name of the organization).
3. Transferring a call from the interface
To quickly transfer a call, the operator can use the interface. A general non-editable and editable list (“notebook”) is provided. To transfer, just click on the one for whom you need to transfer the call to.
Transfer is possible to any number, including third-party landline. The operator does not even need to know and remember the numbers for the transfer.
There are several options for transferring a call:
- blind (the call is simply transferred)
- with escort (the operator will first speak with the person to whom he is translating to)
- placing a conversation in a queue (the position in the queue and the approximate waiting time are announced)
Statistics, reports, dashboards
For any analyst it is extremely important to know the performance indicators, analyze the achievement of goals, and it will be impossible to do without a large number of metrics.
Metrics can be very different: from technical to economic.
In the course of work, the system generates reports:
- by days
- by hours
- by operators
- by addressed regions
In addition to viewing reports, we can configure the automatic sending of necessary reports to e-mail at the end of the day or by the end of the month.
Dates of implementation
Each call processing system is individual and the implementation period depends on the number of functions and degree of automation.
The main functionality can be implemented in less than a month.
Contact us for a detailed calculation, we will draw up a schedule and describe the stages of implementation of your system.